I know this is a supposedly ‘beauty blog.’ But since I’m busy and usually sick at times, make-up reviewing is temporarily on hiatus.
So here’s a little twist.
For years, I have battled my way through seasonal allergies and just plain allergies in general. If you are of those that have serious sinus congestion, with teary-eyes and clear-liquidy mucus combined with a terrible headache and eventually followed by unexplainable back ache and irritable mood, then for sure you know what I mean.
I’m starting this series of blog posts as a written reminder for myself as well as a compilation of all the research that I’m doing in my quest to finally beat this sickness that I am constantly having.
As a disclaimer, I am NOT, in any ways, a doctor, a nurse, a physician, a nutritionist, a dietician, a psychologist, nor am I a professional salesperson to recommend or force you to take or do whatever I am stating here. These are not intended to cure, diagnose or treat any of your diseases but are merely compiled for my own personal use. These are just pure research that I know have helped me in one way or another.
So, to start things off, I know you are curious as to what actually the symptoms of my sickness are. Let me break it down to these:
- Sneezing over and over again, especially after I wake up in the morning.
- A runny nose.
- A tickle in my throat or coughing caused by postnasal drip.
- Watery, itchy eyes. This may be allergic pinkeye.
- Itchy ears, nose, and throat.
- Breathing through my mouth because my nose is blocked.
- Rubbing my nose
- Eyes being sensitive to light
- Feeling tired, grumpy and moody
- Pressure in my ear and having a hard time hearing
- Discomfort or pain in my face
- Dark circles or patches under my eyes 1
- Sore Throat
Not only that I also get these interesting symptoms more often lately:
- I feel tired for no reason.
- I have trouble getting up in the morning, even when I go to bed at a reasonable hour.
- I are feeling rundown or overwhelmed.
- I have difficulty bouncing back from stress or illness.
- I crave salty and sweet snacks – sometimes.
- I feel more awake, alert and energetic after 6PM than I do all day (This happens a lot! ) 2
And to top it all off, I have a long-term relationship with Hormonal Imbalance, in which symptoms include:
- Persistent weight gain
- Belly fat (yes!) and loss of muscle mass (I guess so)
- Anxiety, irritability, depression (most of the time)
- Insomnia and poor sleep patterns
- Digestion Problems
- Cravings 3
- Chin Acne or deep cystic acne
As you might have noticed, some of the symptoms are the same on each set. And that’s what I’m still trying to figure out. The absolute connections of these symptoms to the irregular workings of my internal body system.
The fact is, I could just go and buy over-the-counter medicines which would apparently heal me temporarily But since I am this curious girl who wants to get to the root cause of everything, I got tired of popping pills inside my body and have my ailments come back again sooner or later.
It is frustrating and definitely annoying.
So if you have any one of these symptoms.. we are kindred spirits.
And hopefully, you can help me get over these disturbing cases in one way or other, as well, by commenting below.
Ciao – for now!!!
Update: As of year 2016, I have successfully eliminated over-the-counter prescription in combating my allergy by incorporating Essential Oils in my daily routine. Find out more about the reasons why here. Learn more about the reasons why I fell in love with Essential oils and my Top 3 Essential Oils Favorite.