It seems a shame to say that one has traveled the world yet has never been to the most popular local places in his own country.
Well, this has been true to me and my family.
For some reason, in my 28 years in life, I’ve never been to Boracay – not until we were invited by a friend to stay at Elizalde’s Resthouse for free and just for fun!
It was a great and exciting opportunity for me and my family to just rest and admire the beauty that has been popular in the world for so long. Boracay has become number 1 in a lot of travel and destination lists. Located at Aklan, Province, 2 kilometers off the northwest tip of Panay Island in Western Visayas Region of the Philippines, I suddenly realized that I have missed the fun and grandeur of this place for so long. Its postcard-worthy White Sand shoreline has been an attraction to many tourists and the crazy-dazzling night attraction has that international nightlife vibe and feel.
So yes, we stayed at the Elizalde’s Resthouse, which is only open by invitation from the family’s closest friends. It’s a perfect getaway from busy city life and, of course, a perfect excuse to just relax and get carried away by the beach’s perfect scenery.
It was the month of July 2016, so the weather was a lot more forgiving. There were fewer people there as well since summer vacation had already past. It was the perfect moment for us, first-timers, so we could experience the serenity and calmness God’s nature bestows.
Aside from the many choices of food we grabbed there, we also tried some activities that were not only fun but really risk-taking for the not-so-adventurous me.
After Batanes, I’m really realizing that our beloved country is really blessed with beautiful sceneries that need more affection and appreciation it really deserved. I know it could be a hassle to choose a place to stay in Boracay, especially if it’s the first time, so I’ve hunted down some affordable and well-reviewed places to stay in Boracay, care of TravelBook.ph. I hope it could you on your next trip there! Click on the hotel names to view the reviews and book as well.
- MORENO’S COTTAGES– Station 3, Manoc-Manoc, Boracay, Caticlan, Malay, Aklan
- WHITE BEACH DE BORACAY – Station 1, Balabag, Boracay Island, Aklan
- BORACAY ROYALE RESIDENCE INN – Station 2, D’mall, Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan
- VILLA ROMERO DE BORACAY – Station 3, Ambulong, Manoc-Manoc, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan
- LA ISLA BONITA – Station 3, Boracay Island, Caticlan, Malay, Aklan, Philippines 5608
- LA BELLA CASA – Station 1, Boracay, Caticlan, Malay, Aklan
As a bonus, I also found some really cheap hostels, perfect for the backpackers and travelers who don’t mind less bedroom privacy.
- BORACAY BOX & LADDER HOSTEL – 3F Boracay Midway Building, Main Road, Brgy. Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan
- MNL BEACH HOSTEL BORACAY – Road 1-A, Bulabog Road, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan
If ever you drop by somewhere in Laguna, why not try Mountain Lake Resort for a change?