It has been a really tough search for me.
Looking for a good everyday foundation for someone like me who has OILY, SENSITIVE, BLEMISH-COVERED, REDDISH-EVIL-PIMPLED skin – is, of course, a task so mundane and to be dreaded for.
Not only could it be so expensive, but it could also take its toll on the skin.
So when I happened to try on this KRAVE 12 HD LIQUID FOUNDATION for a day, I was amazed!
Well, honestly, I was skeptical at first. Since, if you haven’t realized yet, some of the products out there that are labeled “mineral”, could be either a little bit too pricey or not really that effective for skin like mine. This one, though, is an exemption.
Krave Cosmeceuticals products are specially formulated for sensitive skin. “It focuses on combating oily and acneic skin that deliver results better than traditional makeup.” *
Here’s our model product for the moment.
As you can see, it is in a simple dark glass jar with a pump-down nozzle, which is really handy. The gold shade on the neck of the bottle gives it a little bit of sophistication and class.
As for the consistency of the product, it’s on the creamy side. But when combined with the warmth of the skin, it really melts into a liquid texture, which I believe is the ground for the fact that it is an HD Foundation.
THE PRODUCT CLAIM:
According to their Facebook Page, it has
Incredible 12 in 1 active ingredients infusion to give you the ultimate results of covering your imperfections and major signs of skin aging like hyperpigmentation & fine lines.
Maximum coverage, lifting, lightening & nourishing formula to transform your beauty instantly and naturally. Lightweight and water-based that allows your skin to breathe.*
It boasts of the following 12 skin beneficial ingredients*
1. LICORICE ROOT EXTRACT – Rich in Glabridin which is an incredible skin whitening agent.
2. CERAMIDE – helpful in decreasing melanin and re-balancing the dermal cells.
3. GRAPE SEED EXTRACT – Compared with Vitamins C, E, and A (beta-carotene), it stays longer in the body for as long as 3 full days, is 20 times more potent than Vitamin C
4. ANTARCTICINE – Helps the skin retain water, preventing cutaneous dryness
5. HYALURONIC ACID – secures moisture and creates fullness—youthful skin
6. BIOPEPTIDE CL – is a messenger peptide for collagen renewal that features “retinoic acid-like” activity without irritancy.
7. PEPHA®-TIGHT – is a messenger peptide for collagen renewal that features “retinoic acid-like” activity without irritancy.
8. ETHYL ASCORBIC ACID – is a novel vitamin C derivative with excellent whitening, anti-oxidation, radicals scavenging and collagen increasing effect.
9. COENZYME Q10 – It protects against photo-aging – that means premature aging due to overexposing the skin to the sun.
10. WHEAT GERM OIL – has the ability to repair skin cells that have been damaged by the sun, pollution or an unhealthy diet,
11. TORNARE™ – increase skin elasticity & retains moisture
12. HORUS SAKE LEES EXTRACT – promotes cellular repair and renewal.
♥ Lightly patting it on the face with a brush, sponge or fingers gives a very light-weight feeling.
♥ Using it alone gives a very glowy look on the skin with out looking too oily, which is awesome if you have very dry skin.
♥ The packaging is really handy. You can control the amount of product you want out. For me it’s usually 2 half-pumps. I don’t know why..
♥ Doesn’t break me out at all – even after 8 hours of usage on my skin.
If you accidentally put too much on the skin, it will look cakey at the end of the day. At least, that’s what happened to me.
If you have open pores, again like me, you need to put on a good primer on the pore-y area of the skin before applying, to avoid it from being emphasized more.
Don’t layer too much powder on it, if you do, to keep it from being cakey, especially for oily skin.
Not really full coverage foundation. Even after pilling more product on.
I would say this is a very good everyday foundation – that is, if you ever wear one every day. I don’t wear makeup every day, but when I do, especially if its just to run some errands or going to the mall, I wear this. I don’t mind the fact that its really not full coverage. After all, it’s an everyday foundation for me and it should look light and not heavy at all. I totally recommend it.
What’s your favorite everyday foundation that you can recommend?
* Taken from Krave Cosmeceuticals Facebook Page.