It’s almost February again and this time around my month would be different.
I’m still trying to wrap my fingers around the fact that I’m not single anymore and all actions I have to do have to be on par with what my partner-in-life wants. When I say I want to stay at home and just cozy up for the coming Valentine’s Day – because the winter here is killing me, of course, he has something else in mind.
But rather than going head to head with people on those dates, we decided to celebrate that day in advance, because why not? Besides, it would be a lot easier and cheaper for us knowing that rates of hotels and resorts would shoot up during the week of Valentine’s Day.
Initially, I was the one who’s supposed to come up with the place since he’s busy with work. But my husband being himself, came across this romantic-looking resort that seems to satisfy what we need and have in mind.
What the Hype is All About
We chose Cove Haven Entertainment Resort. Cove Haven, part of a 3- Couples-Only Resorts in the Poconos, is located on the shores of Lake Wallenpaupack and has 225 suites, two restaurants, three bars, the Champagne Palace Nightclub, a Spa house, and a Sports/Game zone – all perfect for any entertainment of the couples’ choice.
|Round, Coliseum Architectural Style of Garden of Eden Suites made it perfect for all the facilities inside to fit. Windowless rooms were for added privacy.|
Cove Haven is a four-season resort – meaning, they are open all year round and offers a variety of activities all season long. Since its winter right now, they offer outdoor ice skating, snow tubing, and snowshoeing. For the rest of the season, they have outdoor recreation like golf, tennis, speed boat rides, pedal boats, nature trail walks, and nearby horseback riding.
Cove Haven Resort was first popularized by Morris Wilkins back in 1968 with his first-ever heart-shaped bathtub. It was then that northeastern Pennsylvania mountains would be dubbed as the ‘Land of love’ in the US, a popular destination for honeymooners and lovers alike.
|The Heart-Shaped Whirlpool Bathtub with Surrounding Mirrors.|
Unfortunately, Mr. Wilkins failed to win the patent for the said bathtub, and since then the production of the tub has increased. Over the years, many hotels adapted the same concept, but as soon as the honeymoon era began to decline, the sale of this particular bathtub had dwindled as well.
It didn’t deter him though. Mr. Wilkins created another unusual bathtub design in the shape of a seven-foot champagne glass. This time though he won the patent to it and has been an icon of the resort ever since.
Cove Haven Entertainment Resort now boasts of 437 heart-shaped whirlpool-equipped bathtubs and 135 seven-foot-tall champagne-glass tubs.
What We Booked
|Round Bed for the Garden of Eden Apple Suite.|
Cove Haven Entertainment Resort has three resorts to choose from. Cove Haven, located at Lakeville, PA and features the suites and amenities I just mentioned above. Pocono Place is located at East Stroudsburg, PA. It exudes “a relaxed atmosphere of a private club and is a romantic retreat on private Echo Lake in the heart of Pocono Mountains – only an hour drive from George Washington Bridge.” Paradise Stream is at the heart of Mount Pocono itself and is a retreat on private Lake Eden.
|Indoor Pool Size Perfect for Couple at Garden of Eden Apple Suite.|
- World famous heart-shaped whirlpool bath-for-two
- Private indoor heated pool surrounded with imported Italian tile
- Dry sauna
- Cozy log-burning fireplace
- Remote control TV in the bedroom
- Living room with TV featuring Lodgenet in-room movies
- Double vanity
- Round king-size bed with mirrored headboard
- Individually controlled air conditioning/heating unit
- Personal Refrigerator
- Plus, many other unique features
|Bathroom, Shower Closet, and Vanity for Garden of Eden Apple Suite.|
|Apparently, Deer Feeds were available at the Gift Shop and you can feed them practically anywhere!|
The dry sauna came in handy, too, when we really wanted to get warmed up.
They also have an indoor game place called Sports Palace, which has pool tables, table tennis, archery, arcade games, tennis, and ice-skating rink and so much more to keep couples entertained.
|Archery Space for Two Couples at a time.|
Colosseum Restaurant and Cupid’s Corner Bar was a few steps from the suites, or you can drive around it and park your car wherever available nearby. They have live piano music during dinner which adds to the romantic ambiance of the place.
|Pool Tables and Arcades were available for couples’ entertainment.|
They have a specific place for weddings and other events. A Gazebo over-looking the lake is a perfect hangout place too (when it’s not winter, of course).
|The Lookout Lodge, Sundeck, Indoor Pool, Wedding Chapel and Mni Golf Area overlooking the Lake Wallenpaupack|
They have other entertainment too like the so-called Champagne Palace Nightclub, Spooner’s Sports Bar & Grill, Mover Theater & Roller Skating, Tanlines Bar & Grill, and The Spa. We didn’t go to either of those, though.
|The Marina – Landing port for Speedboats, Paddle Boats and Pedal Boats|
What I like most during our visit was the fact that almost all the employees we came across were friendly and approachable and I give two thumbs up for them.
For those who came in with no cars, there were buses available to drop them off on specific areas in the resort within a particular period.
|Parking Spaces were available in every area in the resort.|
The Sports Palace has sufficient games in it to keep you entertained but arcade games were old-school, and the indoor skating rink was made of acrylic instead of real ice (since, according to one of the personnel we talked to, it had been too much of an effort for the resort to maintain an indoor ice rink). The place itself looked dingy.
Parking can be a pain at times when the place is packed. Otherwise, walking around when the weather is fine would be a perfect option.
|Lake Wallenpaupack during winter seasons.|
How to Book and Other Tips
- Try booking on their website using mobile phones and get lower price deals!
|Sample options When Booking using Laptop or Desktop|
|Sample options When Booking using Mobile Phones|
- Surprisingly, they have lower deals when booking on their website using a mobile phone even though they are showing they have good deals already when you book using a tablet or laptop or desktop computer.
- When browsing through their website, it is more convenient to use a laptop or desktop because some information cannot be displayed or shown correctly when using a mobile phone/device.
- Do research beforehand since there are plenty of activities you can also do outside the resort itself, depending on what season you want to go.
- Bring your own firelogs, bathtub essentials (bubble bath, bath salts or bath bombs), and massage oils to save on money buying it on site. It’s more customizable with you do-it-yourself. Besides, it’s always double the price on the resort itself!
- You can also sneak in luxury snacks like chocolate-dipped strawberries and wine. No one would know! That way, you wouldn’t have to pay that few extra hundred dollars for something you can buy cheaper outside.
- Massage spas can be a little pricey in these places so better yet learn how to give each other a full body massage for added intimacy. Save those extra dollars for a massage near your town if you’re really looking for a professional massage.
- Make sure to download the free app during your stay! Visit the app store on your mobile device and search for “Land of Love.” Once you have downloaded the free app, turn on your Bluetooth signal to receive push notifications about activities, dining, entertainment and so much more.
- When you check in, you automatically become a member of Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts’ Key Around Club for the duration of your stay!
- They have deals going on all year round! Check out this page: Specials and Rewards
- If you don’t mind a little cheesy-ness, you might want to write a letter to your loved-one, drop it in one of their dropboxes (there’s one in the Dining Area and one in the lobby) and they will post in it their Love Letter Website.
- Check the Info Summary below, for link guides to their website.
Do not expect a grand reception, though. The front desk lobby area was not that lavish, but it did serve its purpose.
I do like the fact that you can just walk around the resort and try their different facilities at no additional cost, except of course if you’re gonna buy food or play the arcades.
Suffice it say, Cove Haven had served the purpose for which we, as a couple, came for. 🙂
|The Resort’s long-standing tagline/slogan.|
- Cove Haven – Lakeville, Pennsylvania
- Pocono Palace – East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
- Pocono Streams – Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Call: (800) 432-9932
What would you recommend as a good honeymoon hotel in your area? Let me know so I could check them out!